Elastomeric Infusion PumpKit with and without accessories all containing Dual GOPump, part number 510076: One infusion pump comprising two 150 mL elastomeric reservoirs in which each connects to its own catheter. Liquid flow rate is labeled at 2 mL/hr per elastomer.
Use: The Symbios Disposable Infusion Pump Kit is a disposable, self-contained infusion system using an inflatable elastomeric reservoir to mechanically provide percutaneous infusion of prescribed solutions at a pre-set rate for post-operative pain management.
On Feb. 25, 2013, the firm sent its customers an “URGENT MEDICAL DEVICE RECALL” notification letter detailing the reason for recall and products listed. The firm asked its customers to follow all the “Steps for Voluntary Field Action.”
- Segregate Recalled Product. Immediately remove all GOPump kits listed in the table above from your inventory (regardless of its location) and segregate this product in a secure location for return to Symbios Medical Products.
- Complete Verification Form. Complete and return the enclosed Verification Form (even if you don’t have any products to return), following the direction on the page of the notification letter and the Verification Form. Your Symbios sales representative can assist you in completing the form.
- Indicate Returned Products on Verification Form. The verification form lists the GOPump kit part number and lot number. Mark the number of GOPump kits that you are returning on the form.
- Call 317-450-0145 from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time to Obtain a Returned Goods Authorization (RGA) Number. Your Symbios account will be credited in an amount equal to the purchase price for the returned product. Inform the Returned Goods Specialist if you wish to order any replacement product (if applicable).
- Package the Returned Products: Package the GOPumps in an appropriate shipping box and add the RGA number on the outside. Place a signed original copy of the Verification Form in the box, seal it, and send it immediately to Symbios Medical Products at 7301 Georgetown Rd, Suite 150, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46268.