A National Injury Law Firm


Most Common Questions Asked By Car Accident Injured Victims…

What are some of the most common motor vehicle accident questions clients ask an attorney?

  • Do I have a case?
    Anytime someone suffers serious injuries as a direct result of another persons negligence that injured victim may have a case. Here are a just a few of the factors an attorney may consider when determining if a someone has a case:  1) Who and how many defendants are responsible.  2) Was it work related and was it caused as a result of negligence of your employer. 3) Is it as a result of a manufacturer or road defect? 
  • Are there any time limits to file a lawsuit?
    Yes. The lawsuit must be filed before the expiration of the Statute of Limitations or the claim may be barred forever.
  • What is my case worth?
    Each and every case is unique. Before giving an opinion of the value of any particular case, an experienced attorney will spend the time and resources necessary in order to properly conduct a thorough investigation of your case. The lawyer will obtain and review every document and record; and review the law relevant to your case. After careful consideration and evaluation of your case, an experienced attorney should be able to give you a potential range of what your case could be worth.
  • How much money will I receive?
    The amount of money you may ultimately collect, whether by settlement or verdict, will vary depending upon the following factors: A) Details about the accident…how it happened, documented evidences (photos, witness statements) and expert testimony on liability and damages. B) The nature and extent of your injuries. Did you go to the hospital? Was medical treatment needed for recovery? Were there lost wages? 
  • What happens if the insurance company says my car is totaled?
    If the cost to repair the vehicle is more than the car is worth, the insurance company will most likely “total” the vehicle and give you a check for what they believe the car is worth.  However, you may still be obligated to pay the car loan if you financed it.

  • What if the person who caused the accident doesn’t have insurance?
    If the person at fault does not have insurance coverage for the damage they are responsible for, you may have to file an injury claim under your own insurance policy. The coverage is referred to as uninsured motorist insurance and is required by law to have in the state of New York.

Blog Archive