A National Injury Law Firm


What Type Of Car Insurance Should I Have In New York?

The insurance coverages that are mandatory and most often apply after an auto accident in New York are:

Bodily Injury Coverage
Bodily injury coverage protects you if you cause an accident in which another party is injured. In NY it is required to have Bodily Injury coverage.

Personal Injury Protection
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is a mandatory coverage that pays for medical expenses and lost wages due to injuries sustained in a car accident. This coverage applies despite who is responsible for the accident.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
If you or your passengers are injured in an accident due the negligence of someone who is either uninsured or underinsured then Uninsured (UM) and Underinsured (UIM) coverages will protect you and the passengers in your car.

Property Damage Liability Coverage
Property damage liability coverage protects you if you are held responsible for damaging someone else’s property in a car accident. Property damage liability coverage will help to compensate the party for their damaged property.


Blog Archive